All But Dissertation Program: Doctorate of Business Administration
Are you a doctoral candidate on the path to your dissertation but have yet to complete it? Then the Doctorate of Business Administration – All But Dissertation Track was designed exclusively for you. This highly flexible program offers All But Dissertation doctoral candidates a unique opportunity to organize their path to completion. Under this program, candidates can leverage their professional experience and prior academic knowledge. You’ll gain access to seminar-based courses specific to areas where additional support may be necessary, and the opportunity to begin the dissertation track at UBIS immediately.
- Online course delivery designed with high flexibility for industry professionals.
- Designed to be completed in 1-1.5 years.*
- All But Dissertation candidates will be required to complete the dissertation track courses which consist of six segments focused on dissertation formation, progression, defense and publication.
- A candidate may elect to take advantage of one or more of the available seminar courses offered in support of preparing for and completing the dissertation process. **
- Personalized coaching and guidance by doctoral faculty.
- Flexibility to focus on your desired research topic as long as the research is connected to management.
*This represents an average. Completion times may vary based on a candidate’s elected pace, seminar participation, and movement through the dissertation progression.
**Taking seminar-based courses is an option to ABD candidates and may increase the time and cost of the DBA program.
DBA All But Dissertation Pathway
All But Dissertation DBA candidate are eligible to engage the dissertation track immediately. UBIS provides best “All But Dissertation” completion programs online with a high level of flexibility and support for dissertation topics and progression.
- Research Success Strategies – Research Topic Scanning and Selection
- Research Proposal – Research Work with Support
- Literature Review – Research Work with Support
- Preliminary Dissertation: Methodology – Research Work with Advisory Support
- Revised Preliminary Dissertation: Data Collection & Pretests – Research Work with Advisory Support
- Data Analysis & Findings
- Draft One of Dissertation
- Dissertation Defense and Publication
Dissertation Seminars are optional to DBA candidates that enter the program as “All But Dissertation.” A candidate may opt-in to these seminars in order to help their progression in the dissertation track. Electing to take a seminar may increase both the time to complete the program and the cost of completing the program.
- Seminar One – General Research Methodology
- Seminar Two – Research Methodologies for Business and Management
- Seminar Three – Quantitative and Qualitative Research 1
- Seminar Four – Quantitative and Qualitative Research 2
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to identify problems related to global businesses and to respond artfully to these challenges. In addition, graduates will be empowered with the knowledge and skills required to work as leaders in business organizations, nongovernmental organizations, and international entities.
Graduates of the Doctorate of Business Administration can:
Research and Dissertation Overview
Every student selected for the UBIS DBA program receives rigorous individualized coaching from our doctoral faculty.
The research and thesis portion of the program consists primarily of individual research, under the supervision of internationally recognized professors with a broad range of expertise.
Virtually all topics related to management are accepted. Depending on student needs, the program can cover traditional research topics in fields such as management, finance, marketing, organizational behavior, and non-traditional topics. Each module will contribute to the research for your Dissertation.
Other doctorate programs are based on research alone. Our DBA is skills-based, and we’ll teach you how to perfect your public speaking skills to help you stand out in your professional career.
Throughout the program you’ll be guided by a professor with a deep understanding of the field you will be studying— but at the end of the day, the expert on the particular topic will be you.
All But Dissertation - DBA Program Overview
|Available Support Seminars||Dissertation Track Courses|
*Total cost may increase for ABD candidates that elect to take support seminars.
Close links with the corporate world
Dual Degree Programs
Outstanding Selection of Professors
Online – Blended
(Transfer between formats)
9 Terms per Year
International faculty and student body
84% study abroad alumni felt their studies abroad helped them build valuable skills for the job market
Transfer your credits
UBIS welcomes students who wish to continue their studies by transferring to the university. UBIS has three 16-week semesters per year and offers students 9 entry dates per year-more flexibility in starting your studies.
Acceptance of transfer credit is always a decision of receiving institutions. UBIS does not guarantee transferability. Any student interested in transferring UBIS credit to another university should check directly with the receiving institution.